About The Angeles Pons
AngelesPons is a hot-shot IP boutique and corporate experience with an impressive resume when it comes to copyrights, trademarks, and patents. But the firm is also a corporate and litigation powerhouse, specializing in contract and commercial, anticounterfeiting work.
AngelesPons is the result of almost 30 years of practice, brought together by the merger of Jaime Angeles and Wallis Pons, whom together serve the diverse legal requirements of local and foreign investors.
Both have organized a well combined group of attorneys with a singular mission of helping clients in doing business in the Dominican Republic and also to protect and defend their Intellectual Property assets.
“Highly respected IP practice with considerable strength representing clients in contentious mandates. Regarded as one of the market leaders in copyright, the team also assists clients with trade mark prosecution and enforcement, including filing opposition and cancellation actions. Additionally represents famous retail brands in anti-counterfeiting cases as well as assisting multinational pharmaceutical and food and beverage companies with sanitary registrations and patent filings.”
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2021
- Wallis Pons have been able to advice the Dominican Republic Government on several aspects of MARCA PAÍS - https://www.marcapais.do/
- - Jaime Angeles has advice in data protection to several companies and also the Superintendencia General de Bancos.
- - We were able to seize in customs more than 80,000 toothbrushes that infringed Copyright of the packaging of Colgate. Merchandise contained Bisphenol, or BPA, over three times allowable limits and no sanitary registration.
- Wallis Pons have lead our team in a M&A process of very important company in the Dominican Republic.
- We managed to obtain the recognition of JAGUAR, automobile brand, as well known trademark in Cuba.
- Regulatory and Consumer Protection are two areas very closely followed by AngelesPons with major players in the food, drinks and alcohol industries. We inclusive serve as an outsourcing hub for one of our clients in the health and personal care area.
Our lawyers consistently apply their knowledge and sophistication internationally to analyze complex issues and counsel clients effectively. Our litigation attorneys have an extensive record successes enforcing and defending our client’s IP assets, some of which are key precedents in our field.
We have been able to lead large multinational companies in their business in the Dominican Republic, from the first steps to the installation of the day to day of their operations. This combination of counseling and litigation strengths has proven to be a winning strategy for both our firm and our clients.
We are highly experienced in anti-counterfeiting and enforcement matters. AngelesPons has developed cost-effective enforcement programs for our clients to prevent the importation, sale and distribution of a wide variety of infringing or counterfeit products including apparel, footwear, technology, accessories and luxury goods.
Our clients rely on AngelesPons’ proven capabilities in all areas of Corporate and Business law, Litigation, Intellectual Property (including anticounterfeiting), Regulatory, Entertainment, Advertising, Information Technology, Privacy, Antitrust and Government Affairs.